The Drugs and Toxicology Working Group
REMIT/KEY OBJECTIVES FOR WORKING GROUP
- To share information on current trends in materials and metabolites encountered including general data on prevalence in case work, purities, cutting agents and new emerging drugs legal or otherwise.
- To identify potential difficulties in definitive compound identification and problems associated with sample preservation, suitability and compound/matrix stability.
- The group may also discuss proposed legislations and formulate a joint response to requests for information or opinion. Where such opinions have been reached these would be notified to the AFSP SG through the Chair and the Sponsor to enable action to be taken across the AFSP as required.
- To assist member organizations through timely sharing of information and promoting best practice. To identify any areas of concern to the AFSP SG through the Chair and the Sponsor to enable action to be taken across the AFSP as required.
- To identify potential research and/or collaborative projects which would aid participants and further knowledge.